Mountain Home Car Accident Lawyer

With more than 14,000 residents, Mountain Home is the largest city in Elmore County. In the 19th century, Mountain Home was simply a post office and a stagecoach stop on the way to Oregon; now

the city is an idyllic modern community with major roadways such as I-84 and US-20 running through the area. As with other communities in our state, car accidents remain an unfortunate part of life in Mountain Home. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that an accident occurs an average of once every 45 minutes in Idaho. While some of these accidents are relatively minor, many are also very serious. The IIHS study found that Idaho has a car accident fatality rate that is more than ten percent above the current national average. For car accident victims and their families, a serious accident can be devastating. The recovery process can be long, confusing and stressful. It is critically important that victims of serious accidents speak to an experienced Mountain Home car accident lawyer as soon as possible after their crash.

Proving Liability for an Idaho Car Accident

In Idaho, you may hold another party liable for your car accident if you can establish that they were at-fault for the collision. In most car accident cases, proving fault requires proving negligence. Put simply, negligence occurs when an individual or entity fails to take proper care when performing an action. For example, the failure to stop at a red light is a form of negligence. So, if another driver smashes into your vehicle because they missed a red light, you can hold that negligent driver liable for your damages. Of course, negligence is not always so clear. Every car accident case requires an in-depth and fact specific review. In somes cases, there may be multiple negligent parties. In fact, even the accident victim may have been negligent. Idaho uses modified comparative fault rules to determine accident liability. This means that parties will be held liable for the percentage of the accident for which they were at fault. In other words, if you were found to be at-fault for 10 percent of your own accident, and another driver was to blame for the other 90 percent, you would be held liable for 10 percent of your own damages and the other driver would be responsible for the other 90 percent of your damages.

Compensation Available for Victims

Once you are able to establish liability in your personal injury case, you can seek financial compensation from the responsible party. In the state of Idaho, victims can recover compensation for the full extent of their damages. This means that a car accident victim is entitled to monetary relief for both direct economic losses as well as any intangible losses. More specifically, a car accident victim may seek compensation for:

  • Any property damage;
  • Emergency medical expenses;
  • Hospital bills;
  • Rehabilitation related costs;
  • Long-term disability;
  • Lost wages;
  • Diminished earning capacity;
  • Pain and suffering;
  • Emotional distress;
  • Disfigurement; and
  • Loss of life enjoyment.

Be Ready to Deal with the Insurance Company

Car accident victims will generally recover compensation from an insurance company. Perhaps even their own insurance company. Regardless of which insurer is involved, it is imperative that victims know what they should expect. The most important thing you need to remember is that the insurance company is not on your team. These companies are looking out for their own bottom line, not your financial recovery.

You must be prepared for when an insurance adjuster first contacts you after an accident. Usually, you will receive a phone call from a friendly sounding representative. Do not let your guard down. Please keep the following five tips in mind when speaking to an insurance company representative:

    1. You have a right to take your time. You do not have to respond to the insurance adjuster immediately after your crash. If you are not ready to give an official statement, wait.
    2. All conversations are official. The insurance adjuster is not calling you just to ‘chat’. Keep your conversation formal.
  • Get everything in writing. If you were told something over the phone, ask for it to be sent in writing as well. It is important to get additional verification.
  • Do not sign a release for your medical records. The insurance company wants to dig through your entire medical history. However, they do not necessarily have the right to do so. Do not give the company access to your medical records without first consulting with a lawyer.
  • Do not try to settle the claim on your own. Insurance companies are known to try to push victims into quick (low) settlement offers. They want you to settle before you talk to an attorney because they think they can get you to settle for less than the true value of your claim. Let your lawyer handle all of the settlement negotiations.

You Can Afford a Mountain Home Car Accident Attorney

Many Idaho car accident victims worry that legal representation is too expensive. Fortunately, this concern is based on a common misconception. In reality, you can always afford the services of a qualified car accident attorney. At the Hansen Injury Law Firm, our team handles all car accident claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that we never charge you any out-of-pocket fees. When you work with our team, we will advance any costs for the work we do. This means that we are taking on all of the financial risk of bringing your case. We do this because we are that confident in our ability to help you recover compensation.

Contact Our Office Today

At the Hansen Injury Law Firm, our car accident lawyers help protect the legal rights and financial interests of victims throughout the state of Idaho. You are not alone. Let us help you obtain the full and fair compensation you rightfully deserve. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in Mountain Home, please get in touch with us today by calling 208-922-6650 to request a free case evaluation.

Get the Money You Deserve

WE WIN OR IT'S FREE

Free Case Consultation

Personally reviewed by attorney Matthew Hansen

Sending

We’re here to help. Give us a call: (208) 577-5300