MERIDIAN BICYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Meridian, Idaho
Hansen Injury Law
2484 N Stokesberry Place #150
Meridian, ID 83646
Bicycle accidents injure over 100 cyclists in Idaho every year. Each accident is different, but all injured cyclists face the challenge of recovery. Physical injuries, emotional damages, and huge medical costs can make that challenge very difficult.
Working with a knowledgeable Meridian bicycle accident lawyer can help you get full value for your bike and gear, as well as helping you get the right medical care so you can get back on your feet after an injury – and back on your bike. At Hansen Injury Law, we are cyclists and attorneys. We understand the intricacies of Idaho bicycle laws and the challenges that cyclists face on our roads each day.
Like many states, Idaho considers bicycles to be vehicles. Cyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as drivers. If you’ve been hit by a car while on your bicycle, you’re probably wondering what insurance coverage is available. We explain below that both the at-fault driver’s car insurance and your own personal car insurance will cover your damages after a bike accident.
Get the Money You Deserve
WE WIN OR IT'S FREE
Insurance Coverage in Idaho
- Liability insurance (required)
- All Idaho drivers are required to carry at least the minimum amount of liability insurance.
- This insurance helps drivers pay for damages they cause in an accident.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist coverage
- This coverage helps you pay for the damages you suffer in an accident caused by a driver with little or no insurance.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist coverage is automatically included in Idaho car insurance plans. However, you can choose to remove it – something we highly discourage.
Insurance companies play a huge role in bicycle accident cases in Idaho. They will do all they can to pay you the smallest settlement possible – both for your injuries and your bike. Our experienced bicycle accident lawyers can help you get what you deserve.
What Can I Recover After a Bicycle Accident?
In most accident cases, settlements are reached with medical costs in mind. Hospital treatments and surgeries after an injury quickly stack up, and bills can seem impossible to pay. However, a settlement should cover all of those costs. We understand how to build a winning case – a case that results in a proper settlement.
As big a factor as medical costs are in an accident case, they are not the only one. Serious injuries can prevent you from working for days, weeks, and even months. Over time, lost wages begin to add up. A proper bike accident settlement will account for lost wages.
With the physical, emotional, and financial stresses of an accident case, it’s easy to forget about your bike. We are avid cyclists and understand that bikes and equipment are serious investments. Insurance companies understand that as well, and they are notorious for trying to get out of paying full-price for expensive bikes and gear.
Any settlement that we reach for our clients will fully compensate them for any damage done to your bike, wheels, helmet, and other accessories.
Why Should I Hire a Meridian Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
Idaho law uses a method called “comparative negligence” to determine fault in accident cases:
- Comparative negligence
- This legal term means that several people can be at fault for an accident. Because of this, anything you do to contribute to an accident can make or break an injury case.
- If a judge decides that you are more than 50% at fault for an accident, you usually will not win anything.
Accurately calculating all of the factors that go into comparative negligence can be very difficult. our lawyers can take the time to closely study your case, and determine whether there are comparative fault issues that need to be addressed.
Insurance companies will try their best to shift the blame for an accident onto the cyclist. It is not uncommon for the insurance adjustor to try and place fault on the cyclist due to speed, headphones, or just simply being a cyclist. They love it when accident victims try to go it alone in an injury case. That makes it much easier for them to use their tactics and avoid paying a proper settlement. Some of their most common tactics include:
- Insurance adjusters regularly try to convince people to sign authorization forms allowing their company to access medical records.
- If you do this, you allow the insurance company to search and manipulate your medical history to build their case.
- Many bicycle accidents involve children. Insurance companies often use children’s ignorance of laws and policies against them.
Hansen Injury Law is dedicated to defending victims of bicycle accidents in Idaho. 97 percent of our cases settle without ever having to go to trial, and our “No-Fee Guarantee” means that you won’t pay us anything until we win your maximum settlement. Throughout your case, we will handle the costs and fees of battling the insurance companies for you.
If you have suffered an injury from a bicycle accident in Meridian, or have any questions about injury cases, let us know. Sign up for a free consultation today and meet with one of our Boise-area accident lawyers.
Hansen Injury Law Firm