IDAHO BOATING ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Idaho Boating Accident Lawyer
Idaho is one of the best places in the country for boat owners. Many people in the state enjoy spending their weekends on the lake. Whether it is at Lucky Peak Reservoir or Lowell Lake, Idaho provides some breathtaking scenery for boaters. Though, as fun as boating can be, it also must be noted that boats have the potential the be extremely dangerous. In fact, according to reports from the United States Coast Guard (USCG), an average of a dozen people are killed in Idaho boat accidents each year. Many more suffer very serious injuries. It is critical that boat owners and operators follow all of the state’s boating safety regulations. In the unfortunate event that an accident does occur, victims should contact an experienced boat accident attorney for immediate legal assistance.
Liability in Idaho Boating Accident Cases
In order to hold another party liable for your boat accident injuries, you will generally need to prove that their negligence contributed to your accident. In the most simple terms, negligence is the failure to take adequate care when performing an action. In a boat accident case, negligence can come in many different forms. In most cases, the negligent party is either the person driving the boat or the owner of the boat. Some specific examples of boat-related negligence include:
- Boat operator intoxication;
- Boat operator distraction or inexperience;
- Speeding or making an unsafe turn while driving the boat:
- Not providing an adequate number of life jackets;
- The owner or operator allowing passengers to sit in an unsafe spots on the craft; and
- The failure of the boat owner to make proper safety repairs.
This is far from an exhaustive list. Serious boat accident injuries can be sustained in a nearly endless number of ways. Ultimately, if another party contributed to your injury in any way, either through their direct actions or by creating an unreasonable safety risk, you may be able to hold them liable. Regardless of the specific details of your case, you should speak to an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your accident. This is true even if you are not entirely sure if another party was actually negligent in your case. Remember, boats are inherently dangerous, and owners and operators are held to stringent safety standards. In many cases, victims are injured because of negligence without even realizing that the negligence has occurred.
Get the Money You Deserve
WE WIN OR IT'S FREE
What Types of Compensation Are Available for Boating Accident Victims?
In Idaho, boat accident victims are entitled to compensation that accounts for the full extent of their losses. Compensation may be available for both monetary losses and for noneconomic damage. Specifically, an attorney may be able to help you recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses: Victims should seek recovery for the entirety of their medical expenses. This can include everything from hospital bills to the costs associated with your rehabilitation. Victims of serious boat accidents often need medical treatment for many years after they initially suffered an injury. In some cases, they may even need treatment for the remainder of their lifetime. It is imperative that all anticipated future medical costs are fully accounted for in any injury settlement.
- Lost income: Victims are also entitled to recover compensation for their lost income. This includes current lost wages, anticipated future lost wages and any reduction in future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Victims can seek noneconomic damages as well. The most common form of noneconomic damage is pain and suffering. By nature, pain and suffering damages are very difficult to quantify; it is important that you speak to an attorney who can help you seek fair recovery for these damages.
- Wrongful death: In the extremely unfortunate circumstance that a person is killed in a boating accident, qualifying family members may bring a wrongful death claim. Under Idaho law, the parties that may bring this type of legal action include a spouse, parents, children, and any blood relatives who were dependent on the deceased for supportive services.
Were You Seriously Injured in an Idaho Boat Accident?
Our team is ready to help. At Hansen Injury Law, our Idaho boating accident attorneys have extensive experience handling all types of boat accident injury claims. We have helped many victims obtain the full and fair accident compensation that they deserve. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in a boat accident, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today to schedule a free review of your case. Our firm has offices in Boise and Meridian and we represent injury victims throughout the state of Idaho.
Boise, Idaho 83703
Phone: (208) 577-5300