Garden City Car Accident Lawyer
According to census data, approximately 11,550 people currently live in Garden City. While the city is nearly entirely surrounded by Boise, it still retains its own municipal government. Like any community in the United States, Garden City is also forced to deal with the reality of car accidents. Unfortunately, car accident remain a serious problem in our country and in our state. Idaho’s Office of Highway Safety reports that nearly 25,000 major car accidents took place in the year 2015 alone. Tragically, these accident resulted in 216 fatalities. Many more suffered serious, sometimes life-altering, injuries.
The car accident claims process is complicated, and you should not go through it own your own. If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash, please contact an experienced Garden City car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents occur in many different ways, from a minor parking lot fender bender to a roll-over on a major highway. Likewise, car accident injuries vary widely in their level of severity. At the Hansen Injury Law Firm, we have experience handling cases involving many of the most common types car accident injuries. This includes:
- Spinal cord damage;
- Organ damage;
- Internal bleeding;
- Nerve damage;
- Organ damage; and
- Mental health injuries.
Who is Responsible for a Car Accident?
The party whose negligent actions or inactions ‘caused’ the accident can be held liable for the resulting damages. In broad terms, negligence is the failure to take proper care in a given situation. Many different parties might be responsible for a crash. Some common examples of car accident-related negligence include:
- Distracted driving, including cell phone usage or texting;
- Driving while intoxicated
- Overly aggressively driving;
- Failure to obey traffic signals; and
- Causing an accident due to lack of experience or skill.
- Failing to properly train its drivers;
- Failing to conduct appropriate background checks on drivers;
- Not maintaining the vehicle fleet; and
- Violating any state or federal regulations, such as Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) standards.
- Not correcting design flaws within a vehicle; and
- Not correcting manufacturing flaws within a vehicle.
- Not properly maintaining roads.
In some case, like when a drunk driver speeds through an intersection without stopping, negligence is obvious. In other cases, negligence may be far more difficult to prove. In fact, you may have been the victim of another party’s negligence without even realizing it. This is why car accident victims should always work with an experienced lawyer. Your lawyer will be able to investigate your case and determine precisely what needs to be done to help you recover full compensation.
What Compensation is Available for Accident Victims?
In Idaho, injured parties are able to seek compensation for the full extent of their losses. If you were injured in a Garden City car accident, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- All medical bills;
- Any costs related to rehabilitation;
- Long-term disability;
- Lost wages or loss of ability to earn;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Disfigurement; and
- Loss of life enjoyment.
Of course, it is not always easy to put a monetary value on your damages. This is particularly true when it comes to future damages or noneconomic damages. For instance, how do you put a dollar figure on pain and suffering? The big insurance companies know that valuing this type of damage is challenging. As such, they try to take advantage of the ambiguity that inherently exists and they attempt to undervalue damages. You need to work with an aggressive car accident lawyer who can help you fight for every penny that you deserve.
What Else Should I Know About the Insurance Company?
Remember: Insurance companies are big businesses. Above all else, they are trying to find ways to enhance their own bottom line. Paying you a full and fair settlement offer is not their goal. Indeed, insurance companies put a lot of resources into training their representatives to try to trip you up during the accident claims process. If you have spoken to an insurance adjuster over the phone, you may notice that they are friendly, and often sound somewhat causal. You may get a call from an insurance adjuster who just wants to talk about your accident to “learn more about it” or “to get some information”. When dealing with an insurance company, you need to always keep your guard up. Anything you say to an insurance company representative can potentially be used against you to reduce your settlement offer or prevent your recovery.
How Much Does a Garden City Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
After a serious car accident, victims often have to deal with large medical bills and missed time on the job. The last thing any car accident victim needs is more expenses. This leads many people to question whether or not they can actually even afford to hire a lawyer. After all, lawyers are expensive, right? Not true. At the Hansen Injury Law Firm, we handle all personal injury cases on a contingency basis. Here are four things that means for you:
- There are no out-of-pocket costs: We only get paid after you recover compensation for your accident. We recoup our fees as a portion of your settlement offer or injury verdict.
- Our firm takes on all of the risks: We are so confident that we will be able to help you recover compensation that we are willing to take on all financial risk of bringing your case.
- We can help you take on big insurance companies: The insurance companies often try to use their deep pockets to intimidate injured car accident victims. We will not let them get away with it. Insurers must be held accountable.
- Our service can pay for itself: The difference between what we help victims recover and what victims can recover on their own is often significantly larger than our legal fees.
Were You Injured in a Car Accident?
At the Hansen Injury Law Firm, we have extensive experience handling a wide variety of car accident injury claims. If you or a family member was injured in a crash in Garden City, please give us a call at 208-922-6650. Our attorneys have the skills and knowledge of Idaho personal injury lawyer needed to help you recover the compensation you deserve.