Claim Denied By GEICO Insurance
An Experienced Car Accident Law Firm Representing Victims of Denied GEICO Insurance Claims
When you are involved in a car crash, one of the few things that may provide you with a small ounce of comfort could be the fact that you have been paying your GEICO insurance premiums on time, and therefore are sure that your GEICO car insurance adjuster will be on your side to help you recover the compensation that you deserve. Indeed, even if you are not the driver who causes the crash, you may carry optional insurance types–like medical payments coverage–or have faith in the fact that the other driver likely has liability insurance. And even if they don’t, you have uninsured/underinsured insurance, so you’re not worried.
But paying your premiums on time and carrying multiple insurance types, including non-required insurance types, or not, your claim may be denied by your GEICO insurance adjuster (or insurance company of the at-fault driver). If it is, you need to hire an experienced attorney for denied insurance claims who has represented claimants whose claims have been denied by GEICO insurance in the past. Our law firm is here to help!
Why GEICO Insurance May Deny Your Claim
There are a number of reasons why an insurance company like GEICO may deny your car accident claim. These reasons include:
- The party responsible for your crash (the at-fault driver) has not paid their premiums, and therefore their liability insurance isn’t valid;
- You failed to notify the insurance company of the incident within the time frame required;
- You don’t have the coverage that you think you do (it is recommended that you review your policy thoroughly with a legal professional);
- The insurance company thinks that you were at-fault for the crash, and therefore ineligible for coverage;
- The insurance company disputes the extent of your injuries or damages; or
- The insurance company is acting in bad faith.
Bad Faith – What’s That?
One of the reasons that your car insurance claim has been denied could be that the GEICO insurance adjuster responsible for processing your claim is acting in bad faith. As outlined in Section 41-1329 of Idaho Code, an insurance company may be guilty of unfair claim settlement practices when the insurance company:
- Misrepresents facts or details of an insurance policy;
- Fails to act in a reasonably prompt manner in handling the claim;
- Fails to promptly investigate a claim;
- Fails to deny or affirm coverage within a reasonable amount of time;
- Attempts to “settle a claim for less than the amount to which a reasonable man would have believed was entitled…” and
- More – the full statute can be read by clicking the link above.
If you think that your GEICO insurance adjuster has acted in bad faith, working with an attorney who can investigate this belief and take action if necessary is a must.
How to Appeal a Denied GEICO Car Insurance Claim
Just because a GEICO insurance agent has initially denied your car insurance claim does not mean that all hope is lost and that you will be unable to recover any compensation for your losses. When a claim is denied, your first step should be to call an experienced Idaho GEICO insurance attorney, who can review the details and facts of your case. You can then file an appeal, which may include presenting new information that will help to get your claim approved.
In addition to guiding you through the appeals process, a talented attorney will also be able to determine what your claim is worth and negotiate with an insurance adjuster to reach a fair settlement amount.
Don’t Wait to Contact a Denied Insurance Claim Attorney in Idaho
If your claim for car insurance benefits has been denied by GEICO or another insurance company, don’t make the mistake of waiting too long to call an aggressive Idaho GEICO insurance attorney and initiating the appeals process. If you wait too long, you may forfeit your right to appeal the claim and seek the compensation that you really deserve.
At the offices of Hansen Injury Law, our GEICO car insurance lawyers have experience appealing claims that have been denied for myriad reasons, ranging from mistakes on the claimant’s part to acts of bad faith and unfair claim practices. To learn more or schedule your free consultation with our law offices, please contact us online or by phone. We will work hard for you!