BOISE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
Boise Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Although motorcycle accidents are often very similar, even identical, to car accidents, there are certain hazards that come with riding a motorcycle that car drivers simply do not have to worry about. These hazards include the lack of a protective chassis around the rider and the overall lighter, more streamlined shape of a motorcycle that makes the motorcycle more sensitive to sharp turns, potholes, and other obstacles in the roadway.
If you have been injured in an accident while riding your motorcycle, you could be entitled to monetary compensation for your damages through a personal injury claim. Just like with car accidents and other accident types, a successful motorcycle accident claim requires sufficient evidence to prove that the alleged negligent party’s actions caused you to become injured and that injury has caused you to suffer economic damages. Contact a Boise motorcycle accident lawyer at Hansen Injury Law today.
How Do Motorcycle Accidents Occur?
- Cars making left turns at intersections. It can be difficult to judge a motorcycle’s speed or distance, giving drivers the false sense that it is safe to make a left turn in front of a motorcycle;
- Hitting gravel or other obstacles. Because a motorcycle has smaller and fewer tires than a car, a small roadway hazard that would mean nothing to a car can send a motorcyclist falling to the ground;
- Lack of visibility. It can be hard for a driver to see a motorcycle, especially at night.
- Taking a corner too fast. Sharp turns are more difficult for motorcyclists than for drivers.
Get the Money You Deserve
WE WIN OR IT'S FREE
Boise Motorcycle Crash Statistics
In 2011 deaths from motorcycle crashes in Idaho dropped significantly from 28 in 2010 to 17 in 2011. In that same year, motorcycle crashes in general dropped nearly 10% from 528 in 2010 to 489 in 2011.
The saddest statistic may be the fact that in 2014, 68% of all motorcycle riders were under the age of 40.
How Can I Protect Myself on a Motorcycle?
As a motorcyclist, there are ways you can minimize your risk of being injured in an accident. Always keep the following safety tips in mind to protect yourself:
- Wear a helmet. Your helmet will protect your head from impact with the road or other objects if you are thrown from your motorcycle;
- Make yourself as visible as possible. This means equipping your motorcycle with lights and reflectors and avoiding dark clothing, especially when riding at night;
- Obey posted traffic signs. Driving at or below the speed limit and yielding when you are supposed to yield to other vehicles are important safety steps to take; and
- Never drive your motorcycle if you have been drinking. Alcohol decreases your alertness, inhibits your judgment ability, and makes it difficult to perceive your speed and the objects in the road.
Work with a Boise Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Even if you take all the necessary precautions to protect yourself on your motorcycle, you can still be injured in an accident. To get started on your motorcycle accident claim, contact our team of experienced personal injury attorneys at Hansen Injury Law to schedule your free initial consultation with us. We can answer your questions and help you determine the best way to pursue your claim.
Hansen Injury Law Firm
Boise, Idaho 83703
Phone: (208) 577-5300