When tragedy strikes, you deserve help — especially after the wrongful death of a loved one. Drunk drivers cause fatal accidents every day, and their victims deserve to be remembered. At Hansen Injury Law, we understand how to win drunk-driving wrongful death cases, and are dedicated to helping Idaho accident victims.
How Can a Drunk-Driving Wrongful Death Claim Help Me?
Wrongful death settlements can help pay for medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, and many other important expenses after an accident. Here are some of the most important and common of these expenses:
- Medical bills and funeral costs are two examples of direct expenses. These costs are a direct result of the accident. Be sure to keep all of your bills and receipts, in order to get fair compensation.
Pain and Suffering
- Pain and suffering costs involve both the accident victim and their loved ones. The victim’s pain and suffering during and after the accident, as well as their family members’ distress, is paid for in a fair settlement.
- A drunk-driving wrongful death victim’s financial dependents may file a lost income claim. Their lost financial support will be replaced when they win their claim.
Deprivation of Presence
- Wrongful death settlements may include compensation for the emotional damages caused by the victim’s absence. There is no way to replace a lost husband, mother, or child. However, this type of compensation at least attempts to make up some of those losses.
- Punitive damages are intended to send a message to drunk drivers and other at-fault parties: their actions have consequences. You may receive a portion of these damages in a drunk-driving wrongful death case.
Hansen Injury Law is experienced representing wrongful death claims in Idaho. We are dedicated to helping you win the settlement you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation to review your case and explore your options.