A traumatic brain injury can result in seemingly endless problems, pain, and difficulty. Aside from physical pain, injuries often cause significant emotional and financial damages. These damages affect not only the victim, but the family and friends standing at their side. Balancing recovery and everyday responsibilities is no easy task. Here are some of the brain injury resources available in Idaho:
Brain Injury Resources: Rehabilitation
- STARS (St. Alphonsus Rehabilitation Services)
- Centered in Boise, STARS provides a team of professionally trained therapists who can help you recover from a brain injury. Their services are available to injured people and their families.
- Their work focuses on restoring cognitive and physical abilities. which can help you become as independent as possible after an injury.
- Their team includes professionals in physical therapy, occupational rehabilitation, speech and cognitive therapy, social work, psychiatry, rehabilitation services, and neuropsychology.
- St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Hospital
- This hospital in Boise specializes in rehabilitation and regularly cares for patients with traumatic brain injuries.
Brain Injury Resources: Support Groups
- Idaho Parents Unlimited
- This group specializes in providing brain injury resources to young people.
- Their mission is to “support, empower, educate, and advocate to enhance the quality of life for Idahoans with disabilities and their families.”
- Eastern Washington/North Idaho Veterans Brain Injury Support Group
- This group meets in Coeur D’Alene from 6:30-8:30pm on the third Tuesday of each month.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Treasure Valley Brain Injury Support Group
- This group in the Boise area meets every 4th Tuesday of the month from 6-8 pm at St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Stroke and Brain Injury Support Group for Survivors and Caregivers
- This Nampa/Caldwell area support group meets on the first Tuesday of every month from 4-5 pm at West Valley Medical Center.
- Contact the hospital for more information: (208) 459-4641
- Magic Valley Brain Injury Support Group
- This group in the Twin Falls area meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month from 6:30-8 pm at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Medical Center.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SW Idaho Brain Injury Support Group
- This group in the Pocatello area meets every 2nd Wednesday of the month from 1-2 pm at Life, Inc.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Quad Cities TBI Support Group
- This group meets in the Lewiston area on the 2nd Saturday of each month from 9-11 am at the Tri-State Memorial Hospital.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group on Facebook
Recovering from a traumatic brain injury is difficult, but it is possible. Take advantage of the brain injury resources in this list and any others you may find.
If you were injured in an accident and have questions about a settlement, contact us today for a free consultation. We’re here to help you get what you deserve.
Photo via Google Images